Help & Information
We try to update our Frequently Asked Questions on a daily basis to ensure that you have ease of access to all information concerning all of our services. If you can't find the information you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0845 145 1212. We also have Live Chat available on weekdays between 9am & 5.30pm.
Information is also available from the Help & Information menu on the right.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to process a booking online or can I call through?
- What happens if my goods get lost or damaged in transit?
- Are transit times guaranteed?
- Does the final charge include all costs?
- Are customs charges handled automatically?
- Do you offer Parcel Packaging advice?
- Do I need register my details with your website to receive a quotation?
- Do you offer parcel insurance?
- How do I make a claim if my goods are lost or damaged by the courier?
- Will VAT be applicable to my order?
- What are surcharges and will I need to pay a surcharge?
- How do I complete my Air Waybill?
- From which countries can I import goods in to the UK?
1. Do I need to process a booking online or can I call through?
Our best rates are only available if you book directly online. Our Customer Service team are happy to provide you with quotations or advice over the telephone.
- You can contact our Customer Services team by calling 0845 145 1212
- Request a quotation by email by visiting our Contact Us page
- For a no-obligation quotation or to make a booking, please visit our Quotation page
2. What happens if my goods get lost or damaged in transit?
Our Customer Services team will handle any claims with the courier on your behalf.
You can contact our claims department by phone, 0845 145 1212, or by email to find out if refunds or replacements are possible. If you would like a claim to be processed, please inform us within 2 weeks once you have discovered that your goods are lost or damaged. Once a claim has been accepted, it can take up to 3 weeks to process.
3. Are transit times guaranteed?
The transit times stated at time of booking on our website are realistic, however we can not guarantee transit times on any of our services. All stated transit times are approximate and intended for your use as a guide.
4. Does the final charge include all costs?
We use 2 main criteria to calculate the final rate of your shipment:
- The destination of the package (UK and European shipments include VAT as an additional charge)
- The size & weight of your shipment
- The 'Actual' Weight
- The 'Dimensional' Size (known as the 'Volumetric' weight), which refers to the amount of space that a package occupies
If a package is light weight but occupies a larger volume of space, the final charge will be calculated based on this volumetric weight. Example: balloons occupy more space than they weigh, therefore, the final charge will be the volumetric weight rather than the actual weight.
The weight & size restrictions do vary depending on the chosen parcel delivery service. You can find carrier specific information by following the links on our courier services page.
5. Are customs charges handled automatically?
For Door to Door and Air Freight shipments, there are no customs fees for EU countries. However, for countries outside the EU, the receiver will be contacted directly by customs and will be required to pay any duties/taxes/handling fees before collecting their package. We do not get involved in the customs clearance process.
6. Do you offer Parcel Packaging advice?
Full Packaging Advice is available on our website. All shipments must be wrapped or packaged in some way. This is not only to protect your goods but also to prevent damage to other parcels. Carriers may also refuse to ship your goods if they are deemed to be insufficiently packaged.
To mimise the risk of delay or damage to your shipment, please follow our Parcel Packaging guidelines.
7. Do I need register my details with your website to receive a quotation?
Our website offers free, no-obligation quotations. You will only have to enter personal details once you have received the quotation and if you wish to proceed with the booking. We do not collect any personal data from you as part of our quotation process.
8. Do you offer parcel insurance?
All carriers provide standard liability cover which is included in your quotation. The value of this can vary depending on your chosen carrier.
Transglobal Express also offer Enhanced Liability Insurance which gives you additional cover against loss or damage of your goods, up to a maximum value of £1000. You will need to declare the 'cost' value of your goods at the time of booking.
Enhanced Liability Insurance can be added to your order when you request a quotation or make a booking through our website.
9. How do I make a claim if my goods are lost or damaged by the courier?
Our Claims & Liability procedures vary depending on whhich carrier service you are using.
You can view our general guidelines for making a claim against UPS & DHL Air Express, and DHL EuroPlus services on our Claims & Liability page.
The follow links provide carrier specific Liability for Loss or Damage information.
10. Will VAT be applicable to my order?
VAT will be applied to all orders for delivery within the EU. Refer to our EU Country Destination List for a list of destination countries which are part of the EU. Your online quotation will also indicate whether or not VAT is applicable to your order.
Please note that the UK and Isle of Man are also included.
11. What are surcharges and will I need to pay a surcharge?
Surcharges are additional charges which could apply to your order due to a number of reasons. It may be that your shipment is considered to be a heavy item or if the dimensions are particularly big. Surcharges may also apply if your destination is considered to be in a Remote Area or if you are unavailable to hand over your shipment when the carrier arrives to collect (Failed Collection).
It is the carriers themselves who implement surcharges and for this reason your charge may vary depending on which courier service you are using.
For a list of surcharges which may apply to your shipment on DHL Air Express, DHL EuroPlus, UPS & DPD services, please visit our surcharges page.
12. How do I complete my Air Waybill?
Visit our Air Waybill Guide to access information and guidelines for completing your Air Waybill.
13. From which countries can I import goods into the UK?
We can import from many countries worldwide. Our import quotation form will only list countries which are available for you to import from. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team.