DHL EuroPlus Service Information
- General Information
- Labelling & Documentation
- Volumetric Weight Charges
- Additional Costs
- Maximum Size Weight
DHL EuroPlus is a highly economical road based parcel service for European destinations only. Whilst goods are signed for at destination, the service does not have the same level of traceability as the premium DHL "Air Express" service. If speed and tracking is paramount then the air service is recommended.
Labelling & Documentation
The parcel needs to be labelled with the full delivery address & contact telephone number. It is also recommended a return address & contact telephone number is put on as a back up.
Shipments bound for non EU countries will need to be accompanied by 4 copies of a commercial invoice or packing list showing a full description and value of the goods for customs purposes.
The driver should leave you a carbon copy of the delivery note with a tracking number. You can track your goods on the DHL web site tracking screen.
- Have you printed and securely attached a copy of your barcoded UPS label to each of your packages?
- Shipping to a non-EU destination? If yes, do you have 4 copies of your commercial invoice or packing list readey to accompany your shipment?
- Have you remembered to include a full description and value of the goods in your commercial invoice/packing list?
- Upon collection of your parcel, ensure that your driver leaves you with a carbon copy of your delivery note.
Volumetric Weight Charge
The charge for your shipment is calculated on weight or volume, whichever the greater. Sometimes, bulky items may be charged at a higher rate than the actual weight of the shipment. The formula to calculate the "volumetric" weight on this service is as follows:
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 4000.
Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 4000 = 7.5) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 60x50x40cm (60x50x40 divided by 4000 = 25) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 25kg.
Additional costs which might apply to your shipment
If your shipment is 120cm or bigger you will incur a £20 + VAT surcharge to be sent via this service.
Remote Area Surcharges
Should either the collection or delivery area be located in a "remote area" DHL apply a flat rate surcharge of £16 plus vat if applicable. You can check the DHL Remote Area database to see if your collection or delivery address will be affected.
The DHL website also contains relevant information concerning Duties & Taxes
Maximum Size / Weight Allowance
- The maximum dimensions per item in centimetres is 120 x 100 x 120 high
- Any shipment exceeding or including 120cm will incur £20 + VAT surcharge
- The maximum weight for loose items is 31.5 kg
- The maximum weight for palletised goods is 1000kg
- Any shipment exceeding 240cm cannot be sent on this service