TG Worldwide Priority & TG Worldwide Economy
- General Information
- Labelling & Documentation
- Volumetric Weight Charges
- Maximum Size Weight
- Prohibited Articles
- Collection Restrictions
- Personal Effects Restrictions
This is a worldwide service by air provided by one of the world's largest transportation company. The main difference with this service is that we collect your goods via another carrier to come back to our warehouse for onward delivery to TG International Priority. This process generally adds 2 days to the overall transit time as well as adding a cost for the collection. Despite this, once your goods are in the TG International Priority network, the service is excellent – especially to the Far East, South America and USA where their service is second to none.
Airway Bill - Drop-off
The following applies if you are arranging your own delivery into the Transglobal Express warehouse:
Once you have completed your order you should address your consignment with your TG order reference number before sending it into our warehouse as below:
Transglobal Express TG-XXXXXX (use your TG order reference)
Unit 5, The Gateway
Wirral International Business Park
We will then attach your airway bill ready for collection by TG International Priority.
Airway Bill - Collection
The following applies if you have opted for a collection service with TNT:
At the end of the booking process the system will generate a TNT Air Waybill which will be available from your account area shortly after you have completed your order. You will need to print and securely attach copies of these labels to each of your parcels before handing over to your TNT driver on collection. Your consignment will then be brought to our warehouse where we attach a TG International Priority airway bill prior to it being collected and shipped on their network.
If you do not have access to a printer please contact us as soon as possible.
Labelling & Documentation
Please label your goods with a "from" and "to" address and contact telephone numbers.
All shipments will need to be accompanied by 3 copies of a commercial invoice or packing list showing a full description and value of the goods for customs purposes. Please email your completed list to email@example.com and attach a copy inside a sealed envelope to the shipment. Do not hand to the driver as they often go missing.
- Are you arranging your own delivery of the goods to our head office or a recieving centers?
- Arrange delivery of your goods to our head office.>
- Email a completed list of your commercial invoice through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place 3 copies of your commercial invoice/packing list inside a sealed envelope and securely attach it to your shipment
- Do not hand directly to your driver
- Have you remembered to include a full description and value of the goods in your commercial invoice/packing list?
Volumetric Weight Charge
The charge for your shipment is calculated on weight or volume, whichever the greater. Sometimes, bulky items may be charged at a higher rate than the actual weight of the shipment. The formula to calculate the "volumetric" weight on this service is as follows:
TG Worldwide Priority Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 5000.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 5000 = 6) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x60x40cm (50x60x40 divided by 5000 = 24) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 24kg
TG Worldwide Economy - Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 4000.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 4000 = 7.5) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 60x50x40cm (60x50x40 divided by 4000 = 25) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 25kg
Maximum Size / Weight Allowance
- TG Worldwide Priority will carry up to 32kg worldwide without restriction and most areas up to 68kg
- In addition, TG Worldwide Priority offer a freight service to many countries based on the same tariff. These countries notably include USA, Canada, most of the Far East and many others. Please call 0845 145 1212 to confirm if your destination is covered. The maximum weight per single piece (palletised) is 1000kg more information.
- The maximum size per package is 330 cms "girth"
Girth is calculated by adding together the 2 smaller dimensions, multiply by 2 and add the result to the longest dimension. (eg 1 box 40*30*60cms = (40+30) x 2 = 140 + 60 = 200 cms "girth".)
Prohibited Articles Information
No hazardous goods or prohibited items are allowed on this service. Please refer to TG International Priority website for their Conditions of Carriage.
- TG International services will only carry personal effects to USA & Europe.
- We can arrange for collection from Northern Ireland - please call us for a collection rate.
Personal Effects Restrictions
TG Economy Freight cannot ship Personal Effects to the following countries:
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
- New Zealand
- Slovak Republic
- Wallis and Futuna Islands
TG Economy Freight cannot ship Personal Effects to any of the above countries.