TG Road Express Service Information
- General Information
- Labelling & Documentation
- Volumetric Weight Charges
- Additional Costs
- Maximum Size Weight
TG Road Express is a highly economical road based parcel service provided by one of the worlds leading courier companies. This service is available to European Destinations only, and carrier will only collect consignments from either our warehouse.
You can either drop your consignment into our warehouse yourself or an optional collection service is available via TNT. Whilst goods are signed for at destination, the service does not have the same level of traceability as the premium "TG Air Express" service. If speed and tracking is paramount then the air service is recommended.
Labelling & Documentation
Labelling - Drop-off
Once you have completed your order you should address your consignment with your TG order reference number before dropping it into our warehouse as below:
Transglobal Express TG-XXXXXX (use your TG order reference)
Unit 5, The Gateway
Wirral International Business Park
We will then attach your airway bill ready for collection.
Labelling - Collection
At the end of the booking process the system will generate a TNT Air Waybill which will be available from your account area shortly after you have completed your order. You will need to print and securely attach copies of these labels to each of your parcels before handing over to your TNT driver on collection. Your consignment will then be brought to our warehouse where we attach an airway bill prior to it being collected and shipped by the courier.
If you do not have access to a printer please contact us as soon as possible.
Shipments bound for non EU countries will need to be accompanied by 3 copies of a commercial invoice or packing list showing a full description and value of the goods for customs purposes.
The driver should leave you a carbon copy of the delivery note with a tracking number. You can track your goods on the carriers' web site tracking screen.
- Have you printed and securely attached a copy of your barcoded UPS label to each of your packages?
- Shipping to a non-EU destination? If yes, do you have 3 copies of your commercial invoice or packing list readey to accompany your shipment?
- Have you remembered to include a full description and value of the goods in your commercial invoice/packing list?
- Upon collection of your parcel, ensure that your driver leaves you with a carbon copy of your delivery note.
Volumetric Weight Charge
The charge for your shipment is calculated on weight or volume, whichever the greater. Sometimes, bulky items may be charged at a higher rate than the actual weight of the shipment. The formula to calculate the "volumetric" weight on this service is as follows:
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 4000.
Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 4000 = 7.5) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 60x50x40cm (60x50x40 divided by 4000 = 25) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 25kg.
Additional costs which might apply to your shipment
If your shipment is 120cm or bigger you will incur a £20 + VAT surcharge to be sent via this service.
Remote Area Surcharges
Should either the collection or delivery area be located in a "remote area", the carrier may apply a flat rate surcharge of £15 plus vat if applicable. You can check the Remote Area database to see if your collection or delivery address will be affected.
The carriers' website also contains relevant information concerning Duties & Taxes
Maximum Size / Weight Allowance
- The maximum dimensions per item in centimetres is 120 x 100 x 120 high
- Any shipment exceeding or including 120cm will incur £20 + VAT surcharge
- The maximum weight for loose items is 31.5 kg
- The maximum weight for palletised goods is 1000kg
- Any shipment exceeding 240cm cannot be sent on this service