UPS Parcel Delivery Service Information
- General Information
- Labelling & Documentation
- Volumetric Weight Charges
- Additional Costs
- Maximum Size Weight
- Prohibited Articles
- Collection Restrictions
The following information outlines service details which are applicable to the following UPS services:
- UPS Expedited
- UPS Express
- UPS Express Plus
- UPS Express Saver
- UPS Standard
UPS Driver Release
Shipments delivered to residential addresses via UPS can now be left without an authorising signature when delivering to certain countries.* If you require the driver to obtain a signature upon delivery, please contact us after completing your order to request that the driver obtains a signature. We will then generate a new shipping label for you, which must be used.
* This currently only applies to the following countries: Australia, Japan, Taiwan, USA, Canada, France and parts of the UK.
Labelling & Documentation
A bar-coded UPS label is automatically generated and available to download from your account shortly after you have completed your order. This should be printed and securely attached to each of your packages. You must have access to a printer to use this service as manual airway bills are not an option. Please call our customer services team on 0845 145 1212 for futher information.
Shipments bound for non EU countries must be accompanied by 4 copies of a commercial invoice or packing list showing a full description and value of the goods for customs purposes. Our website will produce a basic packing list for you, however if you have your own please use these instead. Remember to include a VAT number if applicable.
- Have you printed and securely attached a copy of your barcoded UPS label to each of your packages?
- Shipping to a non-EU destination? If yes, do you have 4 copies of your commercial invoice or packing list ready to accompany your shipment?
- Have you remembered to include a full description and value of the goods in your commercial invoice/packing list?
Volumetric Weight Charge
The charge for your shipment is calculated on weight or volume, whichever the greater. Sometimes, bulky items may be charged at a higher rate than the actual weight of the shipment. The formula to calculate the "volumetric" weight on this service is as follows:
Multiply the 3 dimensions of your parcel together (LxWxH) & divide the result by 5000.
Example Volumetric Weight Calculations
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x30x20cm (50x30x20 divided by 5000 = 6) ie the actual weight exceeds the volumetric weight which means you would be charged for 10kg.
- Parcel weighs 10kg @ 50x60x40cm (50x60x40 divided by 5000 = 24) ie the volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight which means you would be charged for 24kg.
Additional costs which might apply to your shipment
Any surcharges relating to EU deliveries will be subject to VAT.
|Extended area collection and delivery surcharge||An "extended area surcharge" may be charged if either the collection or delivery location is classed as being 'remote'. To check this please refer to: ea_surcharge.pdf||The extended area surcharge is a minimum of £15.40 + fuel per shipment or £0.29 per kg, whichever is the greater.|
|Residential delivery surcharge||A residential delivery made to a home including a business operating out of a home is subject to a surcharge||£1.80 per shipment|
|Address correction||If any part of the address is missing or incorrect||£4.70 per shipment|
|Incorrect account number||If the account number is missing or invalid||£8.00 per shipment|
|Additional handling||Any article that is not in a cardboard box or:
||£2.90 per package|
|Additional handling||Any article that is above the girth of 330cms or above 70 kgs (see below)||£28 per package|
|DDP shipments||Where the destination duties and taxes are not paid by the consignee, ie billed back to shipper||£12 plus duty & tax value|
Maximum Size / Weight Allowance
- The maximum weight per parcel is 70kg to the vast majority of areas. (Sometimes 30kg – please call to confirm)
- The maximum size per package is 330 cms "girth".
- The maximum length per package is 270 cms.
Girth is calculated by adding together the 2 smaller dimensions, multiply by 2 and add the result to the longest dimension. (eg 1 box 40*30*60cms = (40+30) x 2 = 140 + 60 = 200 cms "girth".)
Prohibited Articles Information
Prohibited Articles information can be found on the UPS website.
Please note: Alcohol cannot be sent on UPS Express and UPS Express Saver services.
Important: Suitcases and holdalls are not accepted through the UPS network.